Über die Frau

Monday, May 23, 2011

Mellow Tone

Just got back from the CineSneak! This week's movie was The Burning Plain - decent movie but very atypical that they showed an old flick! It was one of those "ohhh, now I get it" type movies, with a very emotional plot line.

Anyway, I didn't get as much done as I wanted to today, but oh well! There is always tomorrow... For lunch today, I was really looking forward to some more Steinofenbrot with cottage cheese and salsa, but it turned out both the salsa and Steinofenbrot were recently polished off! Living in a house with 6 other people definitely teaches you how to adapt. :) And if there's one thing I've learned about Germans, it's that they really know how to bake bread. Even their "common" tortillas are delicious:
 Check out those flax seeds baked in! Mmmm. 
So instead of the bread, I pan-toasted some tortilla until it was nice & crispy. Then it was time to find a salsa substitute. I wound up tossing together 2 tbsp cottage cheese, 2 slices of pickled beets (chopped), S&P, some freshly chopped parsley, and a dash of lime juice. I spread that on the tortilla and bam! Lunch. Topped with cucumbers and tomato slices, it turned out nicely - or pretty, at any rate! :)
Mmhm. Dinner was the same salad I had yesterday - I wanted to finish the avocado before someone else did! It's not often I can find a decent avocado here - growing up in Florida, we had avocado trees in our backyard, so they were quite a staple in our diet. We were giving them away by the bagfuls, but now I would kill to have a freshly picked one here! Sigh.

Well, I'm off to bed. The movie + 20 extra km cycling this evening has left me emotionally and physically drained- and I need to be well rested for my speed work in the AM! Guten Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment