Über die Frau

Monday, May 23, 2011

Layer Up

And I'm glad to say I'm talking about a breakfast parfait rather than winter clothes! The weather outside is beautiful again today. I started my morning just right - yoga and a run! I did my 4-mile-loop in the Stadtwald (city forest) this morning and got a new best time! (For Germany, that is.) Back at home, I was keeping my 4-mile times under 36 minutes, but The Big Move changed that. This morning my time was 38:14, which I'm really happy with! Now I just need to start getting back into speed work.

For breakfast, I had Vegan Overnight Oats again. I adapted this one from this recipe on Oh She Glows. I hunted out some lone frozen strawberries and cherries in the mixed berry bag and got to work. I used my recent favorite recipe for the VOO (1/3c. oats, 1 tbsp. flax, 2/3c. soy milk, 1 tsp. cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp. ceylon cinnamon, and 1-2 drops almond extract) and started the layering from there. The next layer was 1/2 of the Banana Soft Serve I made. I took the other half and added 3 frozen cherries to the mix, making that the next layer. I topped the whole thing with 2 chopped frozen strawberries, 3 toasted walnuts, 1 tbsp. granola, and 1 tsp. shredded coconut. The toppings:
 The layers:
Soo good after a hot run! I have been loving adapting these ever since I found the recipe!

On the schedule for the next couple days: 

- Get Frankfurt Pass. (This is a card that will get me discounts on public transit and museums, but you have to be a low-income citizen with a visa and a bunch of paperwork - every time I try to get it, I am missing some form and am sent away to try again - hopefully this time, I'll have everything!)
- Clean room, iron clothes
- Call storage unit, financial aid office

And hopefully, I'll get enough finished in time for CineSneak tonight! Every Monday at 9, the movie theatre in town charges 5 euros a ticket to view the original version (in English) of a movie not yet released - the catch? You don't know which film you're going to see. Sometimes they're terrible, but usually they're pretty good! They have a German showing as well, but I've found that the German voiceovers don't really do it for me. They always seem to be higher pitched and speak faster to try to fit the whole conversation into the scene (German is a lot "wordier" than English is.) Is CineSneak a common thing in big cities? I've never seen it before, but I love it! 

Have a great Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment